Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spotlight on Tools #1

There are so many tools in the Stampin' Up! catalog that make papercrafting so much fun!! Each Wednesday, I will choose one to spotlight and for my very first one, I've chosen my VERY favorite, the Big Shot!!  It is a die-cutting machine that doesn't use electricity.  With just a quick turn of the handle, you can do so much!! Here are two very similar cards.


The big difference between them is that I chose to use a Big Shot embossing folder for the one with the sentiment towards the lower half of the card.  I use embossing folders all the time and this one, Perfect Polka Dots, is one that I reach for the most.

You can also cut shapes out with the Big Shot.  I used it to cut out my flowers, leaves, and the Whisper White and Elegant Eggplant shapes using Framelits.  If you look closely, you'll see that I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder again.

I made this project in October using the Cannery Set Framelits to make a cut out shape and the cute little top for it.
Stampin' Up! continues to come out with new products for the Big Shot. I could spend all day telling you how much I love this machine! The cost of the Big Shot (#113439) is $99.95 but if you were to purchase it now during Sale-a-bration and were to combine it with an embossing folder ($7.95), you would be able to pick out TWO free products from the brochure!

An even better option is to purchase the NO RISK Starter Kit for $99.  Because it is the 25th Anniversary of Stampin' Up! this year, you can choose $156 worth of products from the Stampin' Up! catalog for $99!  You would be able to get a Big Shot and other accessories!!!  You would then become a member of the Stampin' Up! family and be able to purchase Stampin' Up! products at discounted prices.  I mentioned that the Starter Kit is risk free which it absolutely IS!  You would have three months to reach the minimum purchase of $300.  This means that you can buy products just for yourself, which is what I did in the beginning,  or you can invite your friends to a party!  If you don't reach the goal of three hundred dollars, no problem.  No one will call and hassle you.  You would simply be dropped.  If this sounds intriguing to you and you have questions, email me!  If you want to take advantage of this right now, you can go right to my SU! website and sign up!  On the top right, you'll see JOIN THE FUN!  Click that and within a few minutes, you will be able to complete the sign up process.  Be sure to have your catalog nearby so you can choose $156 worth of product for $99!!!!!

Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment