Sunday, May 19, 2013

Parker's Onesie Card


I went to a baby shower yesterday!  It was for my daughter's sister in law, Summer.  She will be having a little boy in July and my granddaughter, Audrey, will have a new little cousin!  Fun times ahead!

I found a nice tutorial on Becky Jensen's site and you can see it here.  It was very easy to follow.  I used a stamp set that is retiring in about two weeks called Baby Bundle.  I stamped my images on Very Vanilla with Staz-On and then colored them in with my stamp pads and Aqua Painter.  When you don't use watercolor paper, you have to be careful that you don't overwork the paper or it will begin to disintegrate on you.  I typed Parker's name on the computer and then punched it out with the small oval punch.  I wanted to simulate snaps at the bottom and knew that I was going to use brads but I didn't want them to show through on the inside. I punched three small circles from the Owl Builder punch, inserted the brads and then trimmed the ends of the brads with my Craft and Rubber scissors (which are also retiring).  Then I adhered them to the onesie with glue dots.  Sweet Baby on the envelope is from the set It's a Wrap Occasions.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  You can purchase the products to make this card from my online store.

Tracy


Supplies
·    Stamps:  Baby Bundle (retiring), It’s a Wrap Occasions (envelope)
·    Ink:  Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Crumb Cake
·    Paper:   Very Vanilla, Soft Sky
·    Accessories:  SNAIL, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, 1/8” Mini Brads
·    Tools:  1 3/8 Circle Punch, 1 ¾ Circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Small Oval Punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Aqua Painter

No comments:

Post a Comment